The SBM ITB mission is:
“To educate students to be innovative leaders with an entrepreneurial mindset and to develop and disseminate knowledge of business and management for the betterment of business, government, and society.”
The SBM ITB vision is:
“To be a world class institution that inspires and develops leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit.”
The SBM ITB mission and vision are supported by the following values statement:
- Integrity that comprises ethical issues, fair treatment of faculty members, students, and all SBM ITB’s stakeholders, as well as the congeniality between words and actions.
- Strive for excellence, which includes working professionally, passionately, and reliably.
- Trust, which covers sharing knowledge, empowerment, and transparency.
- Innovation, which incorporates visionary mindset, out of the box thinking, and knowledge creation.
- Harmony, which embraces diversity, cooperation, and a holistic mindset, and
- Collegiality, which embraces delegation, sharing, and coaching.
SBM ITB has policies that encourage ethical behaviors that reflect the values. The published policies are: Code of Ethics for Faculty; SBM ITB Senate Decree about Conflict of Interest and Commitment; Staff Handbook; and Student Handbook.
SBM ITB’s mission statement is subject to the following interpretive comments:
- Students include SBM ITB students, executives, managers, amateurs, professionals, government officers, and others who engage in the learning processes.
- Leadership is a process oriented to shape both character and competencies. Character relates to integrity and optimistic attitude to contribute better values to business and society. Students are exposed to programmed events that help them to influence and lead others by setting up targets, making & executing plans, and monitoring & evaluating results. Competencies are acquired from the use of experiential approach to understanding problem situations and finding effective solutions. The emphasis is on innovative competency that seeks solutions rather than being trapped in a situation of helplessness. Innovation is the key characteristic of ITB as a national icon of technological university in Indonesia that constantly seeks new values in technologies, processes, products & services, and business models. The education system of SBM ITB is aimed at nurturing innovative leaders with the attitude to seek for alternative ways and to influence others to take actions
- Entrepreneurial mindset is an integrated attitude constructed by capabilities in recognizing opportunities, willingness to take risks, taking decisions & responsibilities, and involving others to co-create values.
- Develop and disseminate knowledge of business and management by creating, capturing, researching, studying; followed by, delivering, sharing and applying business and management content for theoretical, practical, pedagogical, and sustainable development context.
- The betterment of Business, Government, and Society means that the work of SBM ITB ethically impacts the improvement of Business, Government, and Society in increasing their values and sustainability.