ITB began contemplating a business and management program in the 1970′s. In the late 1980′s, the Industrial Engineering Department set the framework for this program, and in 1990, Prof. Mathias Aroef founded the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program focusing on management technology.
the Rector appointed 10 faculty members from SBM-ITB to be its founders, with their responsibilities being to carry out its vision, mission and strategy, as well as its curriculum design and distinctive teaching method.
On December 31, 2003 then ITB Rector Dr. Kusmayanto Kadiman formally established the School of Business and Management ITB (SBM-ITB) to administer both the MBA and the Undergraduate Program. SBM-ITB has become a pioneer in campus autonomy, and in professionally running such program. Further, the Rector appointed 10 faculty members from SBM-ITB to be its founders, with their responsibilities being to carry out its vision, mission and strategy, as well as its curriculum design and distinctive teaching method. These faculty members are:
- Dr. Ir. Kuntoro Mangkusubroto, MSIE, MSCE
- Prof. Ir. Surna Tjahja Djajadiningrat, MSc., Ph.D
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Jann Hidajat Tjakraatmadja, MSIE
- Ir. Drs. Arson Aliludin, SE, DEA
- Dr. Ir. Sudarso Kaderi Wiryono, DEA
- Ir. Nurhajati Ma’mun, MSc.
- Ir. Budi Permadi Iskandar, MSP
- Dr. Ir. Dermawan Wibisono, M. Eng
- Dr. Ir. Utomo Sarjono Putro, M. Eng
- Ir. Aurik Gustomo, MT
With ITB Rector Decree (SK) no. 203/SK/K01/KP/2003, on December 31, 2004, School of Business and Management ITB was established. The new school continues to grow, and with the support of the teaching staff and administrative personnel, the school now has four programs, namely:
- Undergraduate Program, established in December
- Master of Business Administration Program, joined the SBM since December
- Master of Science in Management Program, established in February 2007
- Doctor of Science in Management, established in August 2008
- Undergraduate Program in Entrepreneurship, established in October 2012, established in December
In line with the transformation of the State University ITB, the faculties / schools in the ITB including SBM, directed to the source organization that manages the resources directly. To achieve this, through the ITB Rector’s Decree No.256.10/SK/K01/2005, there are SBM 2 (two) Interest Group as follows:
- People Management and Entrepreneurship Interest Group
- Operations Management and Finance Interest Group