Sustainable Development: Orchestrating Business to Respond to Society’s Latest Challenges
In the midst of the covid19 outbreak, we hope that you are in good health and we pray for the best for our individual and collective health. Given the uncertainty of the situation, the School of Business and Management, Institut Teknologi Bandung (SBM ITB) is still organizing the 5th International Conference on Management in Emerging Markets (ICMEM) on August 3-5, 2020, in the city of Bandung, Indonesia.
In the beginning of June 2020, we will provide information about whether we proceed with the physical organization* or full virtual organization of the conference. Embedded within the conference is the 2nd International Graduates Colloquium (IGC), specifically welcoming graduate / postgraduate research papers. In principle, virtual organization shall provide virtual access for participants to virtual activities organized by the conference (e.g. key speakers’ speech, virtual presentations).
*Venue for physical organization & platform for virtual organization will be informed in early June (including the information on reduced fees). The option for virtual presentation in case of physical organization can be facilitated in a special case (communicated with the committee).
PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINES
1st Deadline: April 15, 2020* (early)
2nd Deadline: May 15, 2020 (extended)
*Papers submitted by 1st deadline will undergo an earlier period of review process (reviews shall be beneficial if author decides to develop the paper into a full paper for journal submission). See website (icmem.sbm.itb.ac.id) for important dates.
TYPES OF PAPER*
1. Research papers (Empirical / Theoretical)
2. Case papers
*All submissions are in the form of extended abstracts of 3000-5000 words inclusive; for graduate research papers, submissions can be extended abstracts or full papers). Attached are the paper templates. All accepted abstracts will be published in e-proceedings. Selected case papers will be invited to be included for a book publication (subject to improvements).
SPEAKERS (all confirmed)*
1. Tri Mumpuni (Social Entrepreneur, Director of Institut Bisnis dan Ekonomi Kerakyatan – IBEKA)
2. Prof. Wayne Eastman, J.D (Rutgers University, USA; Business Ethics and Law, Supply Chain Management)
3. Melia Famiola, PhD (SBM ITB; Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainable Business)
4. Prof. Dr. Hazel Grünewald (Reutlingen University, Germany; Organizational Behavior, Intercultural Management)
5. Donna Murdijanto Priadi, MBA (GE Indonesia, Director of Government & Corporate Affairs)
6. Prof. Dr. Rolf Schaeren (Swiss-ASEAN Learning & Teaching, Chairman; FHNW, Switzerland)
7. Dr. M. Rahman Roestan, MBA (Biofarma, Director of Operation – Former CEO)
8. Prof. Dr. Knut Hinkelmann (Head of MSc Business Information Systems; FHNW, Switzerland)
*In case of full virtual organization, speakers’ presentation shall also proceed virtually.
1. Sustainable Human Capital: Developing and Preserving People for Sustainable Tomorrow
2. Ecosystem for Sustainable Development: Dealing with Collaboration Challenges and Opportunities
3. Critical Business Ethics: Connecting Human and Environmental Concerns to Business Practices
International: USD 400 (Student and observer: USD 250)
Indonesian: IDR 4,000,000 (Student & observer: IDR 2,500,000)
*For full virtual organization/presentation, information about the fees (reduction) will be informed in early June. Note that the early payment deadline is June 15, 2020.
For more information (journal partners, details on paper types, etc.), check our website(s) – for ICMEM (icmem.sbm.itb.ac.id
) and for IGC (igc.sbm.itb.ac.id), or follow our instagram (icmem_id).
ICMEM 2020’s institutional partners
1. Universiti Malaysia Terengganu,
2. University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland
3. Swiss-ASEAN Learning and Teaching