10 students from SBM ITB have been awarded the Indonesian International Student Mobility Awards (IISMA) 2023 scholarships to prestigious universities worldwide. These scholarships provide the opportunity for students to participate in a one-semester mobility program at top universities in countries such as the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Singapore, Australia, South Korea, and Italy. The announcement of the scholarships was made on April 14, 2023.
With over 12,704 registrants, the IISMA program has experienced a significant increase in popularity since its inception. The selection process consists of two stages, beginning with document submission, including essays, English proficiency test scores, and academic transcripts. Successful candidates then proceed to the second stage, which involves an interview session before the final announcement.
Out of the 10 awardees from SBM ITB, six are from the Management program, while the remaining four are from the Entrepreneurship program. These students are currently undergoing the IISMA Pre-Departure Series (IISMA-PS) to prepare themselves culturally, academically, and financially for their upcoming study abroad experience in the second half of 2023.
The list of SBM ITB’s IISMA awardees and their respective universities is as follows:
- Angelia Diandra Andi (Lancaster University, United Kingdom)
- Danny Lewi Najogi (Boston University, United States)
- Evannia Immanuel Louis (The University of Pennsylvania, United States)
- Gabriela Delicia Vala Pardede (Korea University, South Korea)
- Puteri Tricahya Utami (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
- Syaumi Indah Syafitri (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
- Aditya Putera Pamungkas (Hanyang University, South Korea)
- Amanda Eleanora Rotua Angeline Sinaga (The University of Western Australia, Australia)
- Deby Abilya Linardo (Lancaster University, United Kingdom)
- Qiraina Febe Hotmida (University of Pisa, Italy)
For the awardees, being accepted into the IISMA 2023 program is an unforgettable and invaluable experience. Gabriela Delicia Vala Pardede, who will be studying at Korea University, expressed her excitement and gratitude, as her dream of studying abroad is coming true. She also revealed her intention to apply for a scholarship at the same university for her Master’s degree in the future.
“I’m thrilled; I didn’t expect that my dream to get into Korea University would come true this quickly through IISMA since I initially wanted to apply for a scholarship [to Korea University] for my master’s degree,” said Gabriela.
Deby Abilya Linardo, who will be attending Lancaster University, shared her joy and appreciation for being accepted into her desired university. She highlighted Lancaster University as the best fit for her, considering the university’s activities and the city itself. Deby is eager to explore new opportunities, learn, and grow as an individual during her time at Lancaster University.