The School of Business and Management at Institut Teknologi Bandung (SBM ITB) is the only school in ITB built on the humanities and management science. Consistent with the mission of ITB, SBM ITB is developing itself to excel in education, to develop and to disseminate knowledge in the fields of business and management, and to give impact for the betterment of all stakeholders. Therefore, our mission is to educate students to be innovative leaders with an entrepreneurial mindset and to develop and disseminate knowledge of business and management for the betterment of business, government, and society. SBM ITB offers five degree programs consist of Bachelor (Bachelor of Management and Bachelor of Entrepreneurship) and Graduate Programs (Master of Business Administration-Bandung & Jakarta Campus, Master in Management Science, and Doctor in Management Science.
For the academic year 2017/2018, SBM ITB invites Visiting Professors in the field of:
- Business Strategy and Marketing (BSM), with research interest on the complexity of bridging corporate strategy with a marketing model
- Entrepreneurship and Technology Management (ETM), with research interest on entrepreneurial character building and innovative technologies
- Decision Making and Strategic Negotiation (DMSN), with research interest on problem solving
- Business Risk and Finance (BRF), with research interests on the topic of economics, finance, business risks, accounting, and Islamic banking
- Operation and Performance Management (OPM), with research interests on the topics of performance management, supply chain management, and operation management and
- People and Knowledge Management (PKM), with research topics covering human capital management, leadership, organizational behavior, business ethics, cross-cultural management and knowledge management.
- Visiting Professors will be expected to commence appointment between July 2017 and August 2018 (full-time basis). Length of visit will be decided upon agreement between SBM ITB and each Visiting Professor.
- Visiting Professor are encouraged to participate fully into the activities and academic life of the School:
- Teaching up to 10 SKS (Indonesian credit system).
- Joint research with Lecturers of SBM ITB and publish at least in 1 paper on journal indexed by Scopus.
- Seminars to do knowledge sharing with SBM ITB faculty.
- Involved in SBM ITB’s development programs.
- Monthly competitive salary.
- Round trip airfare ticket (economy class) will be covered.
- Residence and pick-up service to and from SBM ITB within the Bandung city municipality (living and campus sites are all in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia) will be provided.
- KITAS Administration all documentation for temporary stay and work permit (known as KITAS)
handled with immigration by SBM-ITB.
- Health insurance (includes hospitalization).
- Holding a doctorate in Business and Management Sciences, specifically Business Strategy, International Business, or International Marketing.
- Currently employed in Universities accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, and/or AMBA.
- Must have minimum two publications in International Journal (indexed by Scopus, ISI Thompson, and/or IEEE) during the last three years.
Applications must be completed and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The complete applications must consist of the following:
- Application letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Times New Roman, 12 point font, 1.5 space).
- Full list of the latest three years publications and other research outputs with appropriate evidence of esteem (citation report or other measures/indicators appropriate to the discipline).
- Correctly submit The Letter of Permission from Home University.
Application must be completed and submitted by the submission deadline. Applicants will be informed of the result by 31May 2016.
This opportunity is open throughout the year. Please submit your application online through our website (http://www.sbm.itb.ac.id/career-scholarship). SBM ITB will review all applications to ensure eligibility and compliance with the application process. Compliant applications will be submitted to the Selection Panel. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be considered. All short-listed applicants will be requested to participate in a teleconference interview. The selection and appointment process approximately takes time up to 2 months. At SBM ITB, academic year semester starts on early August for odd semester, early January for even semester, and early May for short semester.
For further information please contact:
HRD SBM ITB
School of Business and Management – Institut Teknologi Bandung
Jl. Ganesha 10 Bandung
Phone: +6222-2531923 Fax: +6222-2504249